The CACOLE charter allows for the following classes of membership:
Regular Membership – Individual & Organizational
- Organizations that have the mandate, by or under a law, to provide civilian oversight in Canada.
- Organizations whose membership is composed of organizations that fall within paragraph 1.
- Individuals affiliated with organizations that fall within paragraph 1 or 2.
Regular members may vote on all Association business at Association meetings and receive a reduced registration rate for the Annual Conference.
Associate Membership - Individual & Organizational
Organizations and individuals that have an interest in civilian oversight in Canada may apply for Associate membership in the Association. Examples of who may apply for this category are:
- members of police services;
- members of other criminal justice system agencies;
- members of institutes, research bureaus, law enforcement associations, criminal justice planning councils;
- members of the Bench or Bar;
- professors of accredited colleges and universities who teach or conduct research in the field of criminology or criminal justice;
- persons who are interested in or have contributed to the civilian oversight of law enforcement.
Associate members may vote for Associate Directors on the Board of Directors. Where an Associate is an organization, the head of the organization exercises his/her vote.
Membership Application Form
Membership Application Form [PDF Format]
To view the Membership Application Form you need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. It is a free application downloadable from the Adobe site.
Please send your cheque and completed membership form to:
P.O. Box 31031 Willowwest
Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1H 8K1
Thank you for your continued support!